The SONY VENICE is a cinema camera designed by and for cinematographers.
It boasts exceptional picture quality and pushes the boundaries of large-format image capture.
The SONY VENICE Key Features:
- Full-Frame Sensor: VENICE features a newly developed full-frame image sensor tailored for high-end cinematography. This sensor allows for stunning image quality and flexibility in capturing various formats.
- Customizable Features: Sony allows users to customize their camera by enabling only the necessary features. Licenses are available to expand capabilities, including 4K anamorphic and 6K full-frame recording.
- Wide Aspect Ratios: VENICE supports almost any aspect ratio, including 1.85:1, 2.39:1, and 17:9 in full-frame and Super35 modes.
- High Frame Rate: With the optional High Frame Rate license, VENICE can shoot at speeds of up to 120fps at 4K 2.39:1 and 60fps at 6K 3:2. It also supports various other frame rates.
- Dual Base ISO: VENICE offers dual base ISO settings of 500 and 2500, providing flexibility in challenging lighting conditions.
- User-Friendly Design: The camera’s intuitive menu navigation and durable construction allow operators to focus on filming without distractions.
- Color Science: VENICE captures a wide latitude and gamut, expanding creative freedom during grading.
- Interchangeable Mounts: It comes with an interchangeable PL or E-Mount, catering to different lens preferences. The removable PL Mount supports the Cooke /I Technology lens metadata protocols, allowing you to work with cinema-style glass ranging from vintage to modern.
- Internal Recording Formats: VENICE records 16-bit X-OCN and 4K ProRes, ensuring high-resolution capture